THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!



CLICK HERE

FOR THE NEW ALL-INCLUSIVE


'DISHING WITH DONNA SHOW' WEBSITE & BLOG.



www.dishingwithdonna.co














The "Dishing with Donna" Show is Atlanta's Only Celebrity Food, Wine and Restaurant Radio Program. Listen every Saturday @ 4:00pm on WGKA Talk 920am to hear Donna entertain listeners with celebrity interviews such as Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, or Ted Allen - as well as the exclusive inside scoop into Atlanta's very own restaurant scene.




Listen "Live" Every Saturday at 4:00pm on WGKA 920am

Email Donna Directly @

God Bless Each and Every One of You!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heaven at the Capital Grille

I'm kicking myself for not writing this blog earlier.  Last month, I was blessed to have one of the most exquisite dining experiences I've ever had here in Atlanta.  The food was divine, the service was superior, and the best part about the evening ... was my tour of Italy.  -- Ok, ok, California and New Zealand were also being toured,  but for me personally - I could drink my way through Italy without having to try a single other wine.  What I am talking about, my friends, is the Master Wine Tasting Event going on right now at the beautiful Capital Grille restaurant in Buckhead.    This special event is from Jun 7-July 25.  Let me just share with you what I experienced in hopes that you'll treat yourself (or a special someone) to the same edible luxury.













Master Sommelier George Miliotes (one of 170 in the world) has carefully assembled a spectacular collection of famous wines you may know and insider wines you’ll want to know from California, Europe and even Down Under. Master Miliotes selected this summer’s wines in part because they represent some of the finest vintages from each region, but also because they make for a nice study in comparing and contrasting similar grapes from vastly different regions.  (see website:  http://www.thecaptialgrille.com/ )

Here is how it works.  You order your meal as standard.  No matter how much or how little you order ... for a separate cost of only $25.00 - you can enjoy 10 of these chosen wines.  Yes, ten!  It's an incredible opportunity to expand your wine knowledge and tastings.  My favorite, by far, was the italian wine Sella & Mosca Marchese di Villamarina, Sardinia, 2003.  -- To which I later found out ... cost about $120.00 per bottle!  - Yeah, leave it to me and my taste buds to love the most expensive thing on the menu.  I didn't know!!  - But yes, it was superb.  I'm grateful I was able to enjoy several glasses of it - plus so many others, for only 25 bucks.  You can't beat that!  And then to top it off with my favorite meal of the year so far . . . .
I became a glutton of fine cuisine that night.  I ordered the special of the evening, which was Maine Lobster stuffed with colossal lump crabmeat and steaming hot cheeses.  (my mouth is salivating just thinking about it)  Not to mention the deliciously thick lobster bisque as my appetizer along with calamari and hot cherry peppers.  I was in heaven!

Dear God,  please have the Villamarina wine ready for me to toast my arrival someday, and if you could please make sure that the Executive Chef from Capital Grille will also be coming ....   ;-)

Foodies, treat yourself to the Master Wine Tasting Event at Capital Grille this month.  You too will experience a little bite of heaven.






www.dishingwithdonnashow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment