THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!



CLICK HERE

FOR THE NEW ALL-INCLUSIVE


'DISHING WITH DONNA SHOW' WEBSITE & BLOG.



www.dishingwithdonna.co














The "Dishing with Donna" Show is Atlanta's Only Celebrity Food, Wine and Restaurant Radio Program. Listen every Saturday @ 4:00pm on WGKA Talk 920am to hear Donna entertain listeners with celebrity interviews such as Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, or Ted Allen - as well as the exclusive inside scoop into Atlanta's very own restaurant scene.




Listen "Live" Every Saturday at 4:00pm on WGKA 920am

Email Donna Directly @

God Bless Each and Every One of You!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, February 15, 2010

Saturday the Great


This past Saturday was an all around great day!  I know I haven't blogged in one whole week,  and to the blogger world - that's like a century long,  but I have to admit ... it was a quiet week.  My business partner and I  (hi Dan!) spent a lot of long hours working "behind the scenes", so I wasn't out and about doing anything interesting enough to blog about.  -- Well, unless you want to hear about my sudden newfound fascination with old movies.  (This past week alone I found time late at nights watching Finian's Rainbow, Play Misty for Me, and Send Me Flowers.)  But other than that .... it was all work work work. 

Until now!
What a fabulous weekend it was!  It was Valentines Day you know.  On Friday I stayed in and fell asleep before your grandmother did, loving every minute of it.  And then Saturday afternoon was my newly LIVE radio show.  It was a special Valentine's Day show with the Sun Dial's Executive Chef, Russell Sleight, who is technically even more than that.  He's the executive chef of the entire Westin Peachtree Hotel.  - Which is open again and even revolving now!  Congratulations Sun Dial.  - We even gave away a free romantic dinner for 2 to one lucky caller!  
Also on the show was newcomer segment sponsor, Worthy Connections, who comes every other week to tell you about one restaurant industry person who is offering their time and energy to greater causes for charity.  This week they brought Tom Murphy to the Dishing With Donna Show.  Tom works with Open Hand organization and it was all around a great show.

We also gave away free dinners to Varasano's Pizzeria in Buckhead and a gift certificate to Gabriel's Desserts in Marietta, a restaurant owned and operated by Paula Deen's cousin, Johnnie Gabriel.  
--- Take a listen every Saturday for constant incredible giveaways!

Then on Saturday night, I was treated like a queen for an early Valentines Jump Start.  I was taken to Cafe Efendi in Alpharetta ... which just happens to be a restaurant that I crave off and on .... (check out my tv appearance down below on this blog to watch me review Cafe Efendi on NBC) ... it was almost too much fun.  I ate the one dish that I dream about, which is Iskender Kabob.  Tried a new dish, Stuffed Cabbage over meaty rice - yum!  I salivated over my Bachlava.  Sipped on wine all night, clapped and cheered for the bellydancers, had the traditional hookah, and never stopped smiling from ear to ear!   - Well.  Except when my mouth was shoveling down food like a needy garbage disposal.  Even my heartburn had a smile.


(no, that's not me dancing with the bellydancer.
But that lady was shakin' it out!)


If you like Greek food ... you will love this authentic Turkish restaurant, Cafe Efendi!  Ask for Hal, the owner.  He'll be your new best friend!!

click here for website


www.dishingwithdonnashow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment