THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!



CLICK HERE

FOR THE NEW ALL-INCLUSIVE


'DISHING WITH DONNA SHOW' WEBSITE & BLOG.



www.dishingwithdonna.co














The "Dishing with Donna" Show is Atlanta's Only Celebrity Food, Wine and Restaurant Radio Program. Listen every Saturday @ 4:00pm on WGKA Talk 920am to hear Donna entertain listeners with celebrity interviews such as Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, or Ted Allen - as well as the exclusive inside scoop into Atlanta's very own restaurant scene.




Listen "Live" Every Saturday at 4:00pm on WGKA 920am

Email Donna Directly @

God Bless Each and Every One of You!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, April 5, 2010

Mexican Surprise

I love surprises!!  Who doesn't?  Especially when they are surprise gifts.  Right?  Well I had a little surprise come to me this past weekend while I was broadcasting my radio show Live from Golds Gym in Roswell for my "Healthy Lifestyle" episode.  I was rambling on and on about certain foods being UNhealthy for certain blood types,  when all of the sudden,  a familiar woman comes up to me  (as I'm live on air)  puts a huge bag in front of my face,  waves, and just walks away.  
I knew immediately it was food because I could smell the lime and cilantro from within ... taunting me to open it and scarf down whatever was inside!   - Ofcourse,  I had to wait for a commercial break to satisfy my curiosity ...but sure enough,  it was delicious mexican food from one of the BEST mexican joints around!!   The Bridge Mexican Gourmet restaurant in Roswell just proved to everyone that you can still eat hearty,  still eat at a restaurant,  still even eat mexican .... and still stay slim and healthy!   It's true!  It CAN be done.  You just have to understand what you can and can't order.
Teresa, from The Bridge, was so sweet to be listening to the show  (on healthiness)   (- is that a word?)   and suprised me by showing up to the broadcast with a huge helping of Ceviche and also Scabeche.   YUM!!   
- For those of you who may not know,  Scebeche is Shrimp & scallops marinated with lemon, mixed with onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, oregano,
cilantro and topped with avocado slices. Served on a bed of lettuce.   Kind of like a big brother to Ceviche.
DELICIOSO!
Thank you Teresa for your yummy generosity .... surprises are the best! .... and you will definitely see me again soon at The Bridge!   :-)
 
The Bridge Mexican Gourmet is located at 10479 Alpharetta St. (Highway 9) in the Old Lake Place shopping center, just southwest of Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell.






www.dishingwithdonnashow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment