THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!



CLICK HERE

FOR THE NEW ALL-INCLUSIVE


'DISHING WITH DONNA SHOW' WEBSITE & BLOG.



www.dishingwithdonna.co














The "Dishing with Donna" Show is Atlanta's Only Celebrity Food, Wine and Restaurant Radio Program. Listen every Saturday @ 4:00pm on WGKA Talk 920am to hear Donna entertain listeners with celebrity interviews such as Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, or Ted Allen - as well as the exclusive inside scoop into Atlanta's very own restaurant scene.




Listen "Live" Every Saturday at 4:00pm on WGKA 920am

Email Donna Directly @

God Bless Each and Every One of You!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, April 5, 2010

Sun Dial Delight

This past Friday night,  I had a very special night dining at the Sun Dial - which I think is one of the most romantic and impressive restaurants in all of Atlanta.  My experience there this past weekend was, however, the most incredible experience I have ever had there before.   As most Atlantans,  I have eaten at the Sun Dial a small handful of times throughout my life.  I even went through a phase in my early 20's where my best friend and I would go there almost every other weekend to sip wine and listen to the jazz band.  (while all the other people my age were out partying like rock stars in nightclubs and bars ... I couldn't wait to get all dressed up and go be a part of the "mature" crowd).  -- And I loved it!

But here I am now,  almost 15 years later, and I just fell in love with the restaurant all over again.  The Sun Dial has had its fair share of ups and downs.  Especially with the tornado a couple years ago and having to undergo reconstruction and temporary closing,  but the Sun Dial is back - and better than ever.   For Valentines Day,  I had the pleasure of interviewing Chef Russell Sleight who is the Executive Chef of the entire Westin Peachtree Hotel,  obviously including the Sun Dial.   I learned that this restaurant is famous for marriage proposals ... often getting as much as 40 proposals on one Valentines Day evening alone!  It was a fabulous interview, and I was blessed enough to be invited back by Chef Russell for an evening of pampering and foodie bliss.  - Boy,  he wasn't lying!
I had a special romantic evening of my own already in progress, and this incredible dinner experience was just the icing on the cake.   Chef Christian Messier personally came out to chat with us several different times, as we were continuously presented with the most beautiful dishes.


I would be happy to share and describe all the delicious food we were given, which were all personal choices by Chef Christian,  but he pampered us with SO MANY dishes,  I wouldn't even know where to begin!!  THANK YOU CHEF.   I will say that his contemporary version of Paella was divine.  When serving Paella to a Puerto Rican foodie,  that's already risk enough.  And then when you take the tradition out of traditional paella ... uh oh ... it better be something out of this world!  I was already skeptical upon its arrival.  -- You know,  sometimes its okay to be proven wrong though!  Because let me tell you,  His paella was modern and artsy -- but absolutely mouthwatering!  Fabulous.  Here are some other highlights we were treated with:
SCALLOPS OSCAR.  CARPACCIO THREE WAYS.  BLUE CHEESE, MUSHROOM & BACON CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN  (another favorite!!).  KEY LIME MOUSSE.  FRIED APPLE PIE.
(and still so much more....)

I am personally recommending that you go re-visit the Sun Dial.   Perfect for any occasion.  And no need to fear the elevator .....  it's still not working.  (which my date was thankful for)   ;-)



www.dishingwithdonnashow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment