THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!



CLICK HERE

FOR THE NEW ALL-INCLUSIVE


'DISHING WITH DONNA SHOW' WEBSITE & BLOG.



www.dishingwithdonna.co














The "Dishing with Donna" Show is Atlanta's Only Celebrity Food, Wine and Restaurant Radio Program. Listen every Saturday @ 4:00pm on WGKA Talk 920am to hear Donna entertain listeners with celebrity interviews such as Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, or Ted Allen - as well as the exclusive inside scoop into Atlanta's very own restaurant scene.




Listen "Live" Every Saturday at 4:00pm on WGKA 920am

Email Donna Directly @

God Bless Each and Every One of You!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Detox Dilemma - Day 3

Well crap.  I cheated yesterday. (Day 3 was Saturday)   I admit it.  Dang ice cream!!  It's my personal kryptonite!  Well that, and cookies.  And cinnamon buns.  And doughnuts.  And cheesecake.  And candy bars.  And applie pie.  And .............  well you get the picture.  - I love sweets!  And ice cream ranks at the top.  So when someone pulls out some ice cream and heath bar Magic Shell right in front of my face -- I don't think I should be held responsible for my reactions!   (--- yes, the lethal Magic Shell again)  (Who can say no??)

So so what?  I had a bowl of ice cream.  What about the rest of my triumphant day??  I woke up and drank the gross Detox Tea with enthusaism.  Want to know why?? .... Because when I first weighed myself,  I've lost 5 POUNDS!!  5!!  In less than 3 days!  That was the first time in over a year that I've seen the scale go backwards and not forwards.  It was a glorious little moment for me.  So I bopped downstairs and drank the tea and whipped up a bowl of low fat oatmeal for breakfast.  After that,  I spent the afternoon with my grandparents down on the south side of Atlanta.  For lunch there was some deliciously fatty chunky chicken salad sitting on a plate in front of me, oozing in thick mayo.  As I looked around the table at both my grandparents as well as my mother chowing down on this chicken salad .... I actually stood up and traded mine out for a bowl of Raisin Bran cereal.  Yep!  It's true.  Even my mother was proud of me.  :-)
I drank water as if it were about to become extinct.  I ate nuts and granola for my snacks.  - I was still going strong!
 And then at dinner - I took a baby step backwards when I indulged in 2 pieces of goat cheese pizza.  But that's where I drew the line!  I was done for the day.  Only water throughout the night now.  Done.  No more food.  Day 3 completed and successful!!  Go me!
 . . . . . . . . . . Uuuuuuuuuuuuntil someone decided to draw blood.  It was just like slow motion.  I saw the freezer being open.  I saw an arm reach in and slowly pull out what I immeditely recongnized as a tub of the deadly temptation ..... ice cream.  Flavor:  Kryptonite. 
Then!  Then the kitchen of my heart began to blow up and self destruct when I watched another arm pull out the Magic Shell.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!KA BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoon to mouth,  it was over. 
I ate that ice cream like a glutton.  But somehow,  I found the courage within and the strength to perservere ... because ladies and gentlemen ... I did not have a second bowl!!
And THAT my fellow foodies,  is why Day 3 still counts as a Success on the scorecard, and therefore ....  continuing on to Day 4 of Detox Diet! 

:-)

( ... 5 lbs gone and 25 more to go!)


www.dishingwithdonnashow.com

1 comment:

  1. speaking of cookies....my dad wants to know when tropical treasures will be highlighted on your show!

    ReplyDelete